30 Days of Music: Day 19: A song from your favorite album.
* I can’t really say that Mmhmm is my favorite album now, but for a good two-plus years, I played it all the way through almost every day, so it is definitely an important album to me. And I really like this song.
30 Days of Music: Day 16: A song that you used to love but now hate.
* I used to really like this song a lot, but now I don’t. I don’t hate it, I’m just really not into the thought of John Mayer touching me…so if anyone knows a cover, I would love to learn to love it again. Good song…I just don’t really like JM singing it.
30 Days of Music: Day 15: A song that describes you.
This is my face, covered in freckles with an occasional spot and some veins. This is my body, covered in skin, and not all of it you can see And, this, is my mind, it goes over and over the same old lines And, this, is my brain, it’s torturous analytical thoughts make me go insane
And I use mouthwash Sometimes I floss I got a family And I drink lots of tea
I’ve got nostalgic don’t know I’ve got familar faces I’ve got a mixed-up memory And I’ve got favourite places
30 Days of Music: Day 13: A song that is a guilty pleasure.
* I like the SNSD version too, but I refuse to feel guilty about liking K-Pop, haha. But Kesha on the other hand…Kesha I cannot stand. But this song is just so catchy! Through no credit of her own really, so it isn’t as bad liking it…I tell myself that anyways.
30 Days of Music: Day 12: A song from a band you hate.
* I can’t really explain it, but any time I hear an Owl City song I start getting a low, boiling anger inside me. My friends are baffled, because his music “seems like something Rebekah would like”, but I don’t. I don’t, I don’t, I don’t. It’s whiney and overly sentimental and I wish he would just go back to his basement and leave the airwaves alone.
30 Days of Music: Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event.
* The general phenomenon of shaving my legs, coupled with the memories of sneaking my mom’s razor before she’d officially allowed me to start shaving. I end up singing this song in the shower / in the bathroom when I’m getting ready (i.e. doing my hair, putting on makeup, picking out clothes, etc.) because it is a good affirmation song, haha.